We are committed to protecting the Personal Data that we collect from members, volunteers, visitors, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
Personal Data is managed in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act1998, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
Collection of Personal Data
We will only collect and hold Personal Data that is reasonably necessary to undertake our normal activities and functions, or as otherwise permitted by law.
We may collect Personal Data for one or more of the reasons outlined below. We will use Legitimate Interest as the legal basis for so doing, excepting where under GDPR we are required to seek your express consent.
- Providing membership services, including membership administration, newsletters, and information about events and fundraising.
- Receiving donations.
- Processing inquiries and requests for information or other applications; managing feedback.
- For surveys, direct marketing, promotions or competitions.
- To undertake research and analysis of our audiences.
- To support our internal operations and compliance duties.
We collect Personal Data directly primarily through our standard forms, via our website or email; telephone conversations, or face to face. We may also collect Personal Data from third party contractors or agents who provide products and services on our behalf.
We will only use Personal Data for the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained.
The kinds of Personal Data we collect
The types of Personal Data that we collect may include: your name, address, email address, social media address or other contact details and such other information that is relevant for us to provide our products and services to you in the manner that you have requested, or to comply with the law.
You are under no legal obligation to provide your Personal Data, but, if you choose not to provide us with the Personal Data requested, or if it is incomplete or inaccurate, that may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services.
We do not normally collect or store sensitive information unless there are specific situations where we need to do so to support access, medical or dietary requirements you, or someone in your care, may have.
If you access our websites, we may collect additional Personal Data including server address/ IP address; date and time of visit; pages visited; documents downloaded; your browser; tracking user preferences or location data.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally.
|NID||Used to store your Google preferences and used by the Google Recaptcha service the website uses on forms.||6 months|
|_ga||Google Analytics||This helps us count how many people visit https://www.mahn.org.uk/ by tracking if you’ve visited before.||2 years|
|_gid||Google Analytics||This helps us count how many people visit https://www.mahn.org.uk/ by tracking if you’ve visited before.||24 hours|
|_gat||Google Analytics||This helps us count how many people visit https://www.mahn.org.uk/ by tracking if you’ve visited before.||Session|
|cookieconsent_status||mso||This lets us know you consent to the cookies on this website||1 year|
Our website may contain links to other external websites. We are not responsible for the content or functionality of any such websites.
Handling Personal Data
We will use Legitimate Interest as the legal basis for holding and processing Personal Data, where this is appropriate under the terms of GDPR. In other instances, we will secure positive consent before holding and processing data.
Use and disclosure
We reserve the right to share information with members of Military Aviation Heritage Networks, but not third parties.
We will never sell Personal Data or otherwise use your data for the benefit of outside parties. We will only use data for purposes reasonably required in the ordinary course of activity.
If you have opted-in to marketing, we may contact you with information about our selected partners. These communications will always come from us and will usually be incorporated into our own marketing.
You can unsubscribe from general newsletter and marketing communications at any time.
We hold all data in secure databases, protected to prevent unauthorised access to Personal Data.
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information. We maintain a data protection policy which underpins procedures for handling Personal Data.
International data transfers
We will ensure that no data is transferred outside the EEA for processing without the consent of the data subject and without first being discussed with the DCO.
Finding out more
To find out what information we hold about you, you will need to submit a subject access request to the Data Compliance Officer. You can do this in several ways:
- Request a Subject Access Request form
- Email the Data Compliance Officer Katie Edwardsfirstname.lastname@example.org
- In a letter, addressed to Data Compliance Officer, Biggin Hill Memorial Museum, Main Road, Biggin Hill, TN16 3EJ
Please provide as much detail as possible to help us answer your request.
You can also contact the Data Compliance Officer if you want to:
- Ask us to correct any mistakes
- Find out how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date
- Ask us to remove any information we hold about you
- Ask us to transfer any information we have about you to another system
- Find out what agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- Find out in what circumstances we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics
If you have any queries about this policy or our use of Personal Data, please contact Katie Edwards at email@example.com