6 Mar 2021Photography Night Shoot at the RAF Museum, London
Date: 6 Mar 2021
Location: RAF Museum, London
For the first time, RAF Museum in London will be teaming up with Threshold Aero to offer an exclusive evening shoot with our fantastic collection of aircraft inside our Hangars. We’ve had great success with these events at our Cosford site, so now it’s time to showcase our collection in London.
This event was originally planned for 21 November 2020, but with restrictions in place for indoor events and other contributing factors we decided to move it to March 2021 and add some additional features, including an after dark Merlin Engine run.
The Night Shoot will start at 5.30pm, following a short safety briefing to ensure that you get the most out of the experience.
Arrive from 5.00pm
Briefing will commence at 5.15pm
Shooting starts at 5.30pm
The event will end at 10.00pm
What to expect on the night?
Each of the aircrafts will have the barriers removed, where possible, and will be lit up with professional LED lighting with Auto White Balance. This will give you the opportunity to capture photos of the aircraft in their Museum setting, showcased like never before and without the public in your shots.
The event is suitable for all abilities, you don’t need to be a professional photographer to enjoy the event. A team from Threshold Aero will be on hand throughout the evening to provide assistance and guidance if required.
Some aircraft will have models in uniform as RAF ground crew or pilots.
The Aircraft featured:
This list is subject to change, but we are hoping to showcase the following:
- Spitfire Gate Guardian
- Merlin Engine – live display after dark
- Queen’s Flight Wessex Helicopter
- Liberator B24
The aircraft will be in their original Museum setting but display boards will be moved where possible.
Keeping you safe:
- This event will mainly take place inside with the following COVID-19 safety procedures in place:
- All tickets holders, staff and volunteers will be required to wear a face covering at all times (indoors and outside).
- Participants will be asked to maintain social distancing of 2 metres where possible
- There will be hand sanitising points located around the Museum for your use
- You will be moved around in small groups and will have a certain amount of time with each aircraft.
- All ticket holders must wear a hi-viz, these are not provided, please bring this with you. You will not be able to participate in the shoot without wearing a hi-vis
- We have reduced the capacity of the event by 50% to allow more space for social distancing
- There will be some areas closed off and one-way systems in place
This event is planned in partnership with Threshold Aero, they are a COVID secure supplier and you can read more on their website: www.threshold.aero
Tickets and how to book:
For all those who originally booked this event for November you will have received information about how to transfer your booking.
To book a ticket for the event please click the book now button below. Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking and have noted the following:
- Only ticket holders will be able to gain access to the event and site during the event
- The event is for 16 and overs only
- All ticket holders must attend the safety briefing before the event (starts at 5.15pm), you will not be able to participate in the shoot without attending the briefing
What to bring with you:
Please ensure you wear warm clothing, and wet weather clothing as needed. Part of this event will be outside.
You will be asked to wear a face covering and high-vis vest at all times.
This is event is suitable for all abilities. Threshold Aero have suggested that you bring the following photography equipment:
- Lenses 24mm to 80mm
- Remote shutter release
- Memory cards
- Spare battery
- Do not bring any flashguns – these are not required
Food and Drink:
Refreshments will be available on the night, menu and more information will be sent to ticket holders in the New Year.
Getting to the event:
For information on how to get to the RAF Museum please click here. Parking will be free from 4.30pm for those attending the event.