22 May 2022Aviation Art and Model Aircraft Show – 22 May 2022
Date: 22 May 2022 - 22 May 2022
Location: Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum
Aviation Art and Model Aircraft Show
The aviation art and models on show at the Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum is a great day out for the whole family with stalls, instruction, and things for the children to do and see.
Free entry and free parking make this an affordable family day out.
There will be plenty of time to walk around the museum and look at the artefacts, the aircraft and cockpits, as well as the themed rooms dedicated to the RAF Bomb-er Command, 446th Bomb Group, Air-Sea Rescue/Coastal Command and the Royal Observer Corps.
The Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight has scheduled a Lancaster fly-past.
Please note, however, that Flypasts are subject to weather conditions and operation commitments on the day. Timings will only be notified on the day
On the day there will be:
• An opportunity for younger visitors to build a kit under the guidance of experts.
• The local section of the Guild of Aviation Artists will be holding a sketching day at the museum. They will also be exhibiting their work. They are expecting roughly ten artists on the day who will be sketching and selling paintings
• The West Suffolk International Plastic Modellers’ Society (IPMS) will be dis-playing models and helping youngsters to make a kit which they can purchase on the day
• The Copdock Motorcycle Club will bring between 60 and 200 motorcycles on a rally to the Museum starting around 1200.
• The Waveney Model flying club will be in attendance. The club will show some of their models and also put on a couple of displays for all to see.
• The Museum will also be displaying art from the archives on the day.
Lots to Do
Come along and see one of the region's premier aviation museums at the centre of East Anglia. Enjoy a family day out with lots to do and see. With the museum being free to park and free to enter, this is a reasonable day out and a chance to see a plethora of aviation items. Located on the site can be found; 60+ aircraft and cockpits on display, 1000s of related aviation artefacts from the early 1900s through to more modern times.
Provided we have sufficient volunteers on the day, we will have Aircraft Open for you to look inside, there will be Flight Simulators to fly and Military Weapons to see.
In addition to the main hangars, the rooms behind the shop and the outside aircraft exhibits, there are separate buildings dedicated to Coastal Command/Air Sea Rescue, The Royal Observer Corps, RAF Bomber Command and the 446 USAAF Bomb Group.
We are Family Friendly
With a family-friendly atmosphere, all are welcome. No advance booking is necessary, just turn up on the day.
The on-site shop has both museum and aircraft-related items for sale. Items range in price from “pocket money” upwards, with lots of models and toys for the young. The shop also serves drinks, sweets and ice creams. With picnic tables scattered throughout the site, there is plenty of space to sit, relax and enjoy a refreshment break.
We are Dog Friendly
We have plenty of space for the whole family including the family dog. Dogs are welcome in all areas apart from the shop. We do, however, request you keep your dogs on a leash at all times.
We are Wheelchair Friendly
We are wheelchair friendly in all areas apart from the aircraft cockpits.
Visit the NAAFI Café
In addition to the shop serving some refreshments, the NAAFI Café will be open in the main hangar. The NAAFI will be serving hot drinks and light snacks throughout each of the days.
Keep an Eye on Social Media
To keep an eye on the date and any restrictions in place at the time, please follow us on social media. Also, more details of what is available on the day will be published in the week before the event.
Find us on Facebook @ NASAMFlixton
Find us on Twitter @ FlixtonMuseum
Read our Blog @ NASAM Blog